So, here’s the 2nd mix for RLS from back in 2003 – all vinyl. I used the built in sampler of the Pioneer DJM 600 mixer to loop Simko’s track – you can hear the pop at the beginning of the loop as the controls for editing samples is pretty miserable on that mixer.
Anyway, I thought it was cool how the instrumental blended with the breaks in the M.A.N.D.Y. song, so I went with it.
I’m not the most creative guy in the world, so I was pretty proud of myself back then – haha.
TUESDAY, MAY 27th, 2003 – 5pm CST | 6pm EST | 11pm GMT
The Red Line Sessions 2 hosted by Brian Ffar
1. Kate Simko and Andres Bucci – Rhodes Relejadas (Ffar live re-edit) [Antenna International]
2. M.A.N.D.Y – Home Again [Physical Music]
3. Ritchie Hawtin – Shufflephunk [Plus 8]
4. Ritchie Hawtin – Shufflephunk (beats) [Plus 8]
5. Beat Smugglers – In the Park [Antenna International]
6. Ebe – En Route [Greyhound]
7. M.A.N.D.Y – Put Put Put (John Tejada Rmx) [Physical Music]
8. Ritchie Hawtin – Subphunk [Plus 8]
9. V/A- ? [Traumer and Tanzer]
10. Haris – Turbulance [Laus]
11. V/A – ? [Traumer & Tanzer]
12. Unknown – Stamp Series 5 [White]
As I move along and post more of these mixes, I’ll try and share some of the thought process behind the mixes (not that anyone should care), but quite honestly, I miss the feeling I used to get as a new DJ, so this is more for me than it is for you